Nolan Ryan tied Bob Feller’s major-league record of 12 one-hitters, 39 years ago today.
On April 26, 1990, while pitching for the Texas Rangers, Ryan one-hit the Chicago White Sox for a 1-0 win. Ryan struck out 16 and walked two, and the no-no spoiler came early when Ron Kittle singled to right in the second inning.
Feller threw three no-hitters and 12 one-hitters over his career, while Ryan tossed seven no-nos alongside his one-hitters.
For the New York Mets
- Saturday, April 18, 1970 / Mets 7, Philadelphia Phillies 0 / Shea Stadium / Leadoff single by Denny Doyle
For the California Angels
- Sunday, July 9, 1972 / Angels 3, Red Sox 0/ Anaheim Stadium / 1st-inning single by Carl Yazstremski
- Wednesday, August 29, 1973 / Angels 5, New York Yankees 0 /Anaheim Stadium / 1st-inning single by Thurman Munson
- Thursday, June 27, 1974 / Angels 5, Texas Rangers 0 / Anaheim Stadium / 1st-inning single by Alex Johnson
- Friday, April 15, 1977 / Angels 7, Seattle Mariners 0 / Anaheim Stadium / 5th-inning single by Bob Stinson
- Friday, May 5, 1978 / Angels 5, Indians 0 / Anaheim Stadium / 6th-inning single by Duane Kuiper
- Friday, July 13, 1979 / Angels 6, Yankees 1 / Anaheim Stadium / 9th-inning, one-out single by Reggie Jackson
For the Houston Astros
- Wednesday, August 11, 1982 / Houston Astros 3, San Diego Pa-dres 0 / Jack Murphy Stadium (San Diego) / 5th-inning single by Terry Kennedy
- Wednesday, August 3, 1983 / Houston Astros 1, Padres 0 / Jack Murphy Stadium / 3rd-inning single by Tim Flannery
For the Texas Rangers
- Sunday, April 23, 1989 / Texas Rangers 4, Toronto Blue Jays 1 / Exhibition Stadium (Toronto) / 9th-inning, one-out triple by Nelson Liriano
- Saturday, June 3, 1989 / Texas Rangers 6, Seattle Mariners 1 / Kingdome (Seattle) / Leadoff single by Harold Reynolds
- Thursday, April 26, 1990 / Texas Rangers 1, White Sox 0 / Arlington Stadium / 2nd-inning single by Ron Kittle